Church of the Holy Trinity, UCC

Go to content

Main menu

About Us

About CHT

Church of the Holy Trinity was founded in 1957 as a new church in what was then the Evangelical  and Reformed (E&R) Church.  Within a year, the E&R Church merged with the Congegational Christian Chruches (CC) to form the United Church of Christ (UCC).

In the mid-1960s, Christ Church of Funkstown, a 150-year-old church in the Reformed tradition, merged with Church of the Holy Trinity, thereby approximately doubling its membership.

CHT has continued to be an active presence in the suburban community south of Hagerstown for nearly 60 years.  Our mission statement is "Where we grow in God's Love  through worship, teaching, mission and outreach!"

                                                                    

The comma image you see on our web pages is part of the UCC campaign to remind us that "God is still speaking".   It implores us to "Never place a period where God has placed a comma."


The CHT building is also the Hagerstown area meeting place for Fuego Fresco del Espiritu Santo (Fresh Fire of the Holy Spirit), a Spanish-language congregation in the Pentacostal tradition.

Back to content | Back to main menu